Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sprazzo: Eating Clouds (04/18/2008)

********************************************************************

I've been sifting through some of my old writings and I realized that I have a whole bunch of food reviews that I never got round to posting on the blog. And because I REALLLLLY don't want to start studying, I'm going to do some more food blogging/procrastination. So here they are, reviews from yesteryear.

********************************************************************

God must really love me or something because I've had a REALLY good run of restaurant-going for the past 2 weeks (Sushi Masu, Soleil, among others).


Sprazzo is great!! SOOOO much better than Mio Babbo's in the village (yes, I've pretty much given up on Westwood Village as a dinner area). It's the type of casual upscale restaurant that makes dining such an enjoyable experience. There's the dim lighting and candles-on-the-table thing going on but at the same time, it's completely unintimidating (I don't believe in restaurants that make you as if you'd be judged for eternity if you make some sort of dining faux pas).


I got the Gnocchi da Vinci ($14.95). Soft, pillowy, like a cloud...a VERY tasty cloud. I could go on and on about how great it was; about how the sauce was amazing, bla bla bla...but you should try it for yourself. I won't be able to do it justice. All I can say is this: I was so sad when I finished my gnocchi...sigh*, if only it could've have been the never-ending plate of gnocchi!!


For dessert, I got the Dulce Cheesecake ($8.00). It was really good, but not AMAZING. But really, the gnocchi was a tough act to follow so I'm not surprised that I wasn't blown away by the dessert. My friends got the tiramisu and the panna cotta and they both seemed more than content with their choices. I can't wait to go back and try their other (i.e. ALL) their desserts.

FOOD: 4/5
SERVICE: 4/5
ATMOSPHERE: 4/5

SPRAZZO CUCINA ITALIANA ($$)
1389 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 479-3337
http://www.sprazzo.net

No comments: