Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shaherzad: Persia + Food = Good Times (05/06/2008)

********************************************************************

I've been sifting through some of my old writings and I realized that I have a whole bunch of food reviews that I never got round to posting on the blog. And because I REALLLLLY don't want to start studying, I'm going to do some more food blogging/procrastination. So here they are, reviews from yesteryear.

********************************************************************

I L.O.V.E Persian food. Officially.

In all honesty, if heaven was an eggplant, it would take the form of kashk bademjan. I wouldn't mind eating a big bowl of that by itself. I've been dreaming of it ever since that fateful day of trying it for the first time as part of Shaherzad's AMAZINGLY worth-it combo of appetizers ($10.95). The combo platter is great - I highly recommend it. Everything is sooooooooo good....ESPECIALLY the kashk bademjan!

Also got the boneless chicken kebob ($14.95) with substitute side order of shirin polo rice. Ahhhhhh SO GOOD. The chicken was so succulent, so flavorful. And the shirin rice!!!! According to their menu description, it's rice with orange peels, pistachios, almonds and saffron with a hint of rosewater. The result? Absolute beauty. It's so amazing how the flavors blend together so well. It's something that's really hard to put into words. So I won't bother trying. Just go try it for yourself.


This place is reasonably priced. I give it 4 stars because of one kind of prickly waiter. Don't get my wrong - service is not horrible. Our greeting waitress was all sunshine and smiles. But the person who took our order seemed a bit impatient. Maybe he was having a bad day or something.

Atmosphere is great. It's not a 5-star hotel but, then again, it's not trying to be. It's a place for good food and that's what matters.

FOOD: 4.5/5
SERVICE: 3/5

ATMOSPHERE: 3/5


SHAHERZAD ($$)
1422 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 470-3242

No comments: