Saturday, March 14, 2009

City Bakery: French Toast with Class (04/07/2008)

********************************************************************

I've been sifting through some of my old writings and I realized that I have a whole bunch of food reviews that I never got round to posting on the blog. And because I REALLLLLY don't want to start studying, I'm going to do some more food blogging/procrastination. So here they are, reviews from yesteryear.

********************************************************************


I went back (of course) to the City Bakery and got the french toast. A while ago, I was pretty sure that the Griddle Cafe's Creme de la Creme french toast was the best thing ever...but then I realized that the REAL French Toast king resided at the City Bakery. SO good. The big, thick slice of toast was warm and crispy on the outside but soft and near-custardy on the inside. Yepp, I definitely think this is legitimate love.

The City Bakery LA ($)
Brentwood Country Mart
(Intersection at San Vicente and 26th)

http://www.thecitybakery.com

No comments: