Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pomodoro: The Big Tomato (05/06/2008)

********************************************************************

I've been sifting through some of my old writings and I realized that I have a whole bunch of food reviews that I never got round to posting on the blog. And because I REALLLLLY don't want to start studying, I'm going to do some more food blogging/procrastination. So here they are, reviews from yesteryear.

********************************************************************
Pomodoro is such a cute place! Unpretentious, down-to-earth, good food. And that kind of food is the best kind.

Their Gnocchi Alla Fiorentina ($10.50) is amazing. I'm actually kind of pissed at the fact that their gnocchi is good...because now I'll always be torn between Pomodoro and Sprazzo just next door (which also has amazing gnocchi). Pomodoro or Sprazzo? Pomodoro or Sprazzo? Argh, my life is so hard.


Service is very good, especially considering how crowded and busy this place can get. Water never dips below the 1/2 full line. This place is extremely cheap for the amount AND quality of food you get. It's a little cheaper than Sprazzo and a little more casual.


FOOD: 4/5
SERVICE: 4/5

ATMOSPHERE: 3/5


POMODORO TRATTORIA ($$)
1393 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 445-9998
http://www.pomodorowestwood.com

No comments: