Saturday, March 14, 2009

Guelaguetza: There's a Cricket on my Plate (04/07/2008)

********************************************************************

I've been sifting through some of my old writings and I realized that I have a whole bunch of food reviews that I never got round to posting on the blog. And because I REALLLLLY don't want to start studying, I'm going to do some more food blogging/procrastination. So here they are, reviews from yesteryear.

********************************************************************

(Chupalines: good stuff)

Guelaguetza is alright. And I don't mean that in a negative way. In their defence, I only went to try their chupalines (crickets) so I probably didn't get to enjoy the full Guelaguetza experience. The chupanlines were good...but nothing special...apart from being a HUGE portion (I had to box half of it...which I reheated and had with some rice for dinner. It was actually really good). I mean, I wouldn't NOT order it again, but it just wasn't very "WOW!! What IS this Godsend of a food????!?!" The complimentary nachos with mole sauce were pretty good too. Very tangy...

(Wrap it in a tortilla)

I DID love the interior decor. Yes, it's "gaudy" (think plastic tablecloths, clashing knick-knacks, and a TV in the corner playing 90s Spanish soaps) but it's cute! It's in this type of place where you know you can totally relax and enjoy your food.

Service was nice. I liked my waiter.

I'll probably go again...just so I can be fair to this place. It seems as if it could be promising...

FOOD: 3/5
SERVICE: 4/5
ATMOSPHERE: 4/5

GUELAGUETZA PALMS RESTAURANT ($$)
11127 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 837-1153

1 comment:

Pedro Felipe said...

in mexico city this place is good
https://www.facebook.com/lacocinadesanjuan
the diferets bug´s are incredibles and the flavor is amazing.
visit mexico